Friday, 3 January 2014

BE A VICTOR NOT A VICTIM

(Look to life in positive perspective and the best way towards that end is to forgive your tormentors. That is the easiest and the simplest way for becoming light and kind. Lifepositive is a concept that enables one, to look at all the beings as a soul. It is a stepping stone to get rid of ego as well, which is a primary ingredient that pollutes lifestyle. So forgive from your heart whosoever annoyed you; inflicted you with injury or was a cause of irritation, knowingly or unknowingly, so as to have the divine bliss, and    God’s grace. Look at the spiritual journey of the person, who could find all these elements just by ‘forgiving’. A name has given to him ‘I’, so as to make the reader realize the true impact of ‘forgiveness’. Make forgiveness your Life Time Resolution.)

What a victim can beg for?

He can ask for justice or financial compensation or at the best can forgive!

I suffered the worst I could at the hand of, one of our own customer and that too a woman. What can be said of this woman, to whom I never even met and to whom my own institution once accommodated, way back in 2006, by giving financial assistance of around rupees one lakh. It was the talk of the town, that this lady vanished from the town after the disbursement, in order to avoid repayment.

There was vigorous follow up for recovery, but in futile. I joined the office as in-charge finance portfolio entailing recovery aspect as well. I remained in the town for a year (2009-2010). As part of my duty, inter alia I was supposed to make recovery efforts as per the extant guidelines for the purpose, and to do all such lawful  acts, deeds and things towards that end. I made sincere efforts of effecting recovery, with all the clients including this particular woman borrower of 2006.

Her account had already turned ‘non-performing’ in our books as per financial terminology. After my transfer from the town and after about seven-eight months this woman unleashed a series of complaints against me, including criminal ones. She alleged to have given the balance outstanding amount towards adjustment of her account, to me, on one fine morning. Incidentally just few days before my redeployment from the city to another place. Her first few complaints could not bring the desired result. She then got me arrested, so as to convince the authorities of my institution, of having being tricked, and to get absolved of repayment, forever. I remained in jail for a month, for this beautiful belief of her’s.

My seniors and colleagues got me released on bail, on a remarkable folly of error by her. In fact she stumbled upon her own creation of false evidence and got strictures from the hon’ble District and Session Judge. Instead of realizing her folly and making amends to her misdemeanor she gave the reins to her advocate husband to exploit the nuances of criminal law delivery system. Her husband in turn fully exploited the loop holes of law and stretched the proceedings of the trial for two long years, without even letting a single hearing on the alleged charges of accusation. In the process he resorted to extortion as well, in collusion with some disgruntled members of my institution.

I forgave the woman and all her associates on that fateful day itself, when I was pushed into the huge gates of the District Jail. I found that complex and those ‘six hundred odd hours’ of solitude as my period of penance, recuperation and self-realization from the drudgery of the so called civilized life, as the most rewarding one. I found a lovable heart amongst all the hardened criminals and the under-trials, many of whom were not even aware, why they have brought into that complex.

I believe that our borrower too was ignorant and was not capable of distinguishing between right and wrong, otherwise she would not have done what she did. I suffered extreme humiliation in silence after my release on bail and at the same time continued to render services to all stakeholders of my institution. Perhaps, in the hope if given the opportunity, it might generate a positive influence on her, being a woman and as a change agent of the society. I once even went to her residence along with my wife in condolence, of some tragedy in her relation. It is my genuine belief that hate has a very treacherous passage.

If you really want to hate, hate that hate attitude, hate the hate that anybody is different, down the skin all are same. In fact, God has given a different time frame to each one of us to realize this universal law, that is to ‘Love yourself, and  you will start loving all’, sooner it is, better for the mankind.  I visualize this vision in my son who has chosen the avenue of making the vision of many, much clearer and may be insightful.

God has allotted different time frame to each one, to realize his ‘self ’. It is rightly said ‘when there is time, wisdom does not come and when wisdom comes one is left with little time at its disposal’. It is precisely for this reason there are provisions in judicial process, to go for the ‘appeal’ and ‘review’ of the orders and judgments of the same court, or whether there has been any abuse of the process of the laid down procedure. I had to knock the doors of higher judiciary to check upon the style of functioning of its lower level.

It was a matter of hardly five minutes for the higher court to realize, that the investigation by the ‘state’, were all coloured to label the accused as offender.  In fact the summoning of the accused for the trial was also in total ‘abuse of the process of law’. To meet the ends of justice, it seized to itself, its original prerogative power to deal with the matter. But the damage to reputation was already done. I could not make out, whether the victim turned into a victor, or a victor was already there, mocking at the system. Forgiveness is the only way out for self discovery and a belief, that everyone is a victor, always .Just take a right stand.

So we come to the point from where we started. Who is the victim, what he is begging for, and from whom, is it the person or the system? There is GOD who is making way.

Can anyone say whether Ram was a victim or victor, Vibhishana was a victim or victor, Bhishma was a victim or victor, Karan was a victim or victor, Yudhister was a victim or victor, Siddarth (Gautam Budh) was a victim or victor, Gandhi was a victim or victor, and for that matter whether Mother Teresa was a victim of circumstances or a victor for humanity. All these personalities stood for a cause by forgiving their tormentors and laid a path for eternity.

                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment